|
| Author | Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |
![]() Tsion Judah |
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:40:00 -
[1] After playing Eve for a month, I am at a standstill. I noticed other posts, pointed towards boredom. I was thinking about other games, and what kept me coming back.. And some of it was secrecy. Why not have the ability to fly cloaked? Maybe it is a special drop, fits in a mid slot, works for an hour of logged on time, and is a one-use item. Think of the ability to follow someone.. How about a communication eaves-dropper? Wouldn't it be nice to listen in on an internal game comunication? Why not have secret codes for corps hangars? You get the code.. You can break in. Maybe the code-break only works to steal one item. Who knows. Maybe we just want to look around, and leave something behind about ourselves in another corps hangar. Hmm.. There could be several ways to introduce stuff to Eve with limited use items, Hell, A dev could design a new limited use item, send it out, and watch and see what happens. If it goes well, send more out. How about a camo item that makes you look like another player temporarily? Alot of people may think these are ways for someone to exploit another. I hate to say it, but that is the most fun in these games. Sure, I would hate to get screwed over and over, but there is a unique line of balance the developers have to strike. Too much carnage and exploitation, people start leaving. Not enough, people leave. The market, in so far as making items, seems bogus at the moment. Players just aren't enough to provide full content for this game. We need the help of you devs, make more interactive npcs. Why have pirate spawns only in belts? Why not have marauding BS s going into Empire space from the Guristas? Give them a goal.. like to destroy a certain station. Us players would look on in strange awe.. The current game is monotone, to some degree. For an effective economy, right now only getting higher tech blueprints matter. A good economy needs something better, like sideways momentum. Maybe current cruiser designs get stale, new weapon types, that do a 'different' type of damage come out. Now, onto the people themselves. How about new ships that require multiple players to fly at a time? Interesting. Maybe not practicle, but I would definitly try it out. This game only seems to have linear progression, but no sideways movement. What happens after 2 years? The players on now, if they still play, should have 3-4 levels up from a titan by then. And then, what do they go for? Noobs still start in an Ibis. My learning curve is over. I find things, but then they no longer exist, because the devs changed it.. too fast. Wow! found the spawn point for Cu Vapors. next week, WHACK. No more. Thats fine, but couldn't the change have been more gradual? Sometimes things went wrong in the original design, I understand the need to change it. But I think people would like something more gradual. I also have found a new means of travel.. Clone podding. I buy a clone, set the clone to a station far away.. Buy a shuttle. Find a pirate, ask him in local to pod me. You know what happened? He refused to pod me. He figured out what I was up to and I think he was disgusted.. Not at me, but at the actual realization of the truth to the statement... It was easier and faster to Pod myself to get where I wanted to go instead of traveling there. Anyways, I am still in Eve, but I am taking a break. I am waiting for my Level 2 Cloaking device.. Send me an email when it comes out.. Tsion. |
Tsion Judah |
Posted - 2003.08.12 04:40:00 -
[2] After playing Eve for a month, I am at a standstill. I noticed other posts, pointed towards boredom. I was thinking about other games, and what kept me coming back.. And some of it was secrecy. Why not have the ability to fly cloaked? Maybe it is a special drop, fits in a mid slot, works for an hour of logged on time, and is a one-use item. Think of the ability to follow someone.. How about a communication eaves-dropper? Wouldn't it be nice to listen in on an internal game comunication? Why not have secret codes for corps hangars? You get the code.. You can break in. Maybe the code-break only works to steal one item. Who knows. Maybe we just want to look around, and leave something behind about ourselves in another corps hangar. Hmm.. There could be several ways to introduce stuff to Eve with limited use items, Hell, A dev could design a new limited use item, send it out, and watch and see what happens. If it goes well, send more out. How about a camo item that makes you look like another player temporarily? Alot of people may think these are ways for someone to exploit another. I hate to say it, but that is the most fun in these games. Sure, I would hate to get screwed over and over, but there is a unique line of balance the developers have to strike. Too much carnage and exploitation, people start leaving. Not enough, people leave. The market, in so far as making items, seems bogus at the moment. Players just aren't enough to provide full content for this game. We need the help of you devs, make more interactive npcs. Why have pirate spawns only in belts? Why not have marauding BS s going into Empire space from the Guristas? Give them a goal.. like to destroy a certain station. Us players would look on in strange awe.. The current game is monotone, to some degree. For an effective economy, right now only getting higher tech blueprints matter. A good economy needs something better, like sideways momentum. Maybe current cruiser designs get stale, new weapon types, that do a 'different' type of damage come out. Now, onto the people themselves. How about new ships that require multiple players to fly at a time? Interesting. Maybe not practicle, but I would definitly try it out. This game only seems to have linear progression, but no sideways movement. What happens after 2 years? The players on now, if they still play, should have 3-4 levels up from a titan by then. And then, what do they go for? Noobs still start in an Ibis. My learning curve is over. I find things, but then they no longer exist, because the devs changed it.. too fast. Wow! found the spawn point for Cu Vapors. next week, WHACK. No more. Thats fine, but couldn't the change have been more gradual? Sometimes things went wrong in the original design, I understand the need to change it. But I think people would like something more gradual. I also have found a new means of travel.. Clone podding. I buy a clone, set the clone to a station far away.. Buy a shuttle. Find a pirate, ask him in local to pod me. You know what happened? He refused to pod me. He figured out what I was up to and I think he was disgusted.. Not at me, but at the actual realization of the truth to the statement... It was easier and faster to Pod myself to get where I wanted to go instead of traveling there. Anyways, I am still in Eve, but I am taking a break. I am waiting for my Level 2 Cloaking device.. Send me an email when it comes out.. Tsion. |
| Copyright © 2006-2025, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20250911/1435 EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP. |
| COPYRIGHT NOTICE EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website. |